I have accomplished all of what I was aiming for in this release, including the first version of the path extrusion feature and a complete overhaul of the texture alignment on ramps, which, as I posted recently, now works like the UV Lock feature in JACK.
Next thing I will do is probably creating a few video tutorials and updating the documentation.
As for the rest…
New Feature: Added path extrusion
New Feature: Added World-to-Face alignment conversion on map load
Overhaul: Complete overhaul of the texture alignment for ramps
New settings: p_reverse, p_cornerfix, p_split, ramptex
Added triangulation for 5 sided brushes
Triangulation now default for ramp generation
Fixed minor texture misalignment issues
Future planned features:
Handling of fixed level components like smaller detail objects (lamps, guard rails) or even whole level parts. At the moment you would achieve those by using special paste in an editor like JACK
“Real” path extrusion that works by intersecting lines, like you would usually have it in 3D software.
1. Added Drag and Drop for map and txt files. When dropping map files,
defaults.txt will always be used for settings if it exists. Otherwise
internal defaults will be used.
2. Added Solid Entity Support. Point Entities are still being ignored
at the moment, but might be considered in a future update.
3. Added Custom Height command “height”, which is being added to each section.
4. Added round coordinates command “round” (0/1).
5. Added “ramp” as an addition to “height”. Usable with linear (1) and
smooth (2) slope.
6. Added Triangulation “tri” (0/1) for 6 sided Brushes only (Cuboids).
Neccessary for ramp generation.
7. Fixed settings file issue.
8. Fixed invalid Brush issue.