My dear mapping folk, version 0.7 of Map2Curve is now available.
If you want to read more about the changes and additions, head over to the 0.7 overview page.
New Main Features: RMF Export and Circle duplication
The 2 most important additions to the tool are the new ability to export to RMF format, which solves the limitations that come with the Goldsource MAP format, and the new carve function for brushes, which makes the creation of highly complex seamless curves possible.
The base principle of this construction method follows an article, that was first posted to the Sven Coop forums by Kirito in 2018.
Downside: Floating point coordinates
The biggest downside of this method also applies to the new M2C feature: floating point coordinates. Because of these it is usually a good idea to turn the generated curve into a solid entity like func_detail and enclose it with worldbrushes.
However it is also possible to use the generated curve as world (seals off the level). Whether this works or not depends on how well the compiler handle it.
- Added RMF export per default. Can be toggled with “rmf” 0/1.
- Added carving for detail objects. Can be toggled with “d_carve” (0/1).
- Added ability of custom origin brush and entity for detail objects. Either add an “ORIGIN”-textured brush or an info_target with name-keyvalue “ORIGIN” to a detail group.
- Added random detail object group scaling withing limits. Can be set with “d_scale_rand” similar to other transformation commands:
– d_scale_rand “1 0.5 2” (0/1 min max)
- Added automatic assignment of any entity to a detail object group. Can be toggled with “d_autoassign” (0/1) and only works globally at the moment (for all curves at the same time).
- Added flatcircle (0/1) command to make Pi circle flat instead of pointed. Original circle size is being maintained.
- Added another bounding box type: Hollow box. Can be used with “bounds 2”.
- Added a precise circle spin mode for detail objects. Can be toggled with “d_circlemode” (0/1).
- Added vertex welding for carved brushes and fixing of “borderliner” vertex coordinates (e.g. 128.00002 = 128).
- Added 3 beginner PDF tutorials to the tool archive.
- Fixed a problem due to different vertex order of MAP files that were exported from J.A.C.K. editor. M2C would print invalid brush errors without apparent reason.